Autumn Harp is committed to teamwork and equal opportunity. We firmly believe that part of our continued success is due to the fact that employees are treated fairly, allowed to advance and achieve their personal potential. We are proud of the fact that we treat all people equally, without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation or veteran status. We hire qualified, reliable and productive employees. "For everyone to succeed and prosper, we need to work together with a focus on serving our customer’s needs."Download Job Application"
Human Resources Department
26 Thompson Drive, Essex Junction, 05452
email@example.com, Fax: 802-857-4601
Director, Supply Chain
The Director of Supply Chain will report directly to the VP, Account Services & Supply and will lead and provide leadership and strategic direction for our Supply Chain functions. This role will be responsible for all aspects of the Supply Chain group including partnerships with Manufacturing, Warehouse, Account and Customer Service and Quality Teams. A key function will be overseeing inventory turns, price negotiations, Purchase Price Variance (PPV), Value Re-engineering (VRE) programs, labor and outside vendor management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the purchasing team to develop the most cost effective sourcing solution considering quality, delivery and cost.
- Oversee the planning team responsible for scheduling accuracy, adherence and expected output.
- Attends New Product Development informational and product launch meetings as needed
- Partner with production teams to ensure efficiency/OEE targets are met.
- Oversee weekly and monthly department reporting concerning:
- Purchase Price Variance
- Inventory levels and forecasts
- Schedule efficiency and labor hours
- On time delivery performance
- Supplier on time delivery and quality performance
- Expected sales/production
- Manufacturing labor efficiency performance
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a science field
- 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment with high volume manufacturing equipment.
- Strong group and individual leader with proven ability to engage, motivate and create an inclusive work environment.
- Experience working with computerized MRP systems.
- Ability to multi-task, understand the big picture, while keeping an eye on the details.
- Innovative strategic thinking ability; strong business judgment.
We have an opening for a Lab Technician to join our Research & Development team.
Summary: This position requires an individual with color matching skills and the ability to match cosmetic products shades without or with minimum supervision; some knowledge of cosmetic products is a plus. The individual will be responsible for preparing lab batches of various formula types based on prototypes as directed. Tasks will also include filling tubes, jars, or specified containers with product and applying appropriate identification labels. The lab technician may also conduct larger scale lab batches for product testing, customer trialing, hot hold tests, as well as cross-train to assist in stability testing and protocols as needed. This position also participates in the maintenance of a clean and orderly lab. This includes ensuring lab equipment such as glassware, metal instruments, sinks, counters, and scales are cleaned and glass and instruments are sterilized when necessary. Great growth opportunities will be available to the right candidate.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Color matching experience, or ability to be trained and understand the difference between pigments, interference pigments, pearls, glitters.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- This person must be detail oriented, self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of multiple phase batch making, with experience in testing of products using viscometers, pH meters, Density Meters, color computer, as well as basic office equipment.
- Can manage multiple projects and consistently meets deadlines and expectations
- Team player
- Motivation to learn more on the color development
- Motivation to get into a training program
- Possess motivation to join a fast pace environment with challenges to be addressed
- Entrepreneurial and initiative are appreciated
- A degree or an Associate’s degree in Natural Sciences, Chemistry desired
- Any related work experience, a plus.
Director of Research and Development
The Director, R&D will provide research and development leadership, both in thought/vision and in practice, for members of the functional team. The person in this role will support the sales initiatives in the development of marketable formulations that drive profitable revenue growth and support the company’s long-term goals and strategies.
- Serve as “face of the lab” with key accounts and support sales and account management team on sales calls, in operations reviews, and in progress review meetings as necessary
- Provide technical support and direction in creating timely, robust, innovative, and cost-effective formulas that meet customers’ formula approval dates and lead to revenue growth
- Provide application and commercial insight into product development activities, working closely with the sales team and R&D to identify gaps in product offerings and to accelerate new product development and commercialization
- Interface with operations to improve the effectiveness of the piloting and scale-up process for new products
- Coach, develop and empower an R&D team of ten members to ensure future objectives are met and employees have the promotional and/or growth opportunities they seek
- Continuously improve core processes and use KPIs to drive excellence in R&D
- BS in Chemistry
- MS in Chemistry preferred
- 5-10+ years R&D experience in personal care/cosmetics industry with demonstrated path of success and increased scope/responsibility
- At least 5 years managing a team of chemists and technicians formulating facial and skin care products
- Proven track record developing stable, robust, and innovative formulations that drove profitable revenue growth for multiple brands
- Must understand requirements for successful commercialization of new products
- Expert facial skincare formulator (with additional experience in body care and color cosmetics preferred) with a passion for the bench
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with natural/organic, fair trade certified, and active (for SPF, medicated, acne and other OTC products) ingredients
- Developer and motivator of people in the lab; a teacher at heart
- Ability to connect with customers in key functions: management, R&D, quality, product development, and marketing
- Superior planning and organization skills supported by strong written and verbal communication
- Innovative; flexible, creative, and adaptive; competitive; takes prudent risks to achieve goals
- Teamwork (growth tied to a strong, cross-functional, customer-facing team including the lab, sales and account management)
- Process excellence in support of continuous improvement
- P&L management (managing the lab from an ROI perspective)
- Strong conceptual and analytical thinking skills
Location / Travel
- The position is based in the Burlington, VT area (lab/plant/office is in Essex Junction, VT)
- Customer, conference/trade show, and some supplier travel up to 30% is required
We are seeking a Chemist to join our Emulsion Technology/Skin Care group. The successful candidate must work well with minimum supervision in the development and evaluation of skincare formulations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Has solid working knowledge of raw ingredients to analyze and formulate a wide variety of products
- Maintain laboratory compliance (GLP)
- Has a passion to explore and innovate with novel raw materials, processing techniques and/or formulations in creative, non-conventional approaches into new products leveraging current consumer insights and needs
- Formulate and facilitate development of innovative skin care products, product improvements, and develop new formulas based on current technology
- Develop and maintain SOPs
- Identify new/improved formulation technologies and implement them to meet project needs.
- Interact with the team members at Autumn Harp and provide technical support via oral, presentation and written venues
- Proactively scan and research new concepts, materials, technical opportunities and partnerships
- Monitor product stability for formulas
- Responsible to constantly seek improved ways and methods to better serve customers, external and internal
- Minimum of BA or BS in chemistry, chemical engineering or equivalent science
- 5+ years (Chemist) of previous formulation experience
- Knowledge of chemistry, skin biology, raw materials and emulsion technology are required
- Must have strong problem solving, interpersonal, teamwork, project management and communication skills (oral & written)
- Entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to conceptualize and apply innovative solutions
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative. Must be flexible, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Requires a detail oriented individual who can manage and organize data on numerous projects. Able to multi-task and problem solve, while maintaining a clear sense of priorities and focus.
- Works well within team environment
- Requires computer proficiency (Word and Excel)
E3 Shift - Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 7pm to 7am
We have an opening for a Machine Technician to work with others on the team to keep our factory humming!
Duties include: setting up and troubleshooting electrical, mechanical and pneumatic equipment; assisting operators as needed; adhering to preventative maintenance schedules, locating sources of problems; repairing defective parts; adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments; controlling downtime; fabricating repair parts; and helping to maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories.
Requirements include: At least 3 years Mechanical, Electrical or Machining experience in a manufacturing environment, good people skills, good eyesight and hearing, the ability to lift moderate to heavy loads, the ability to stand / work for 12 hour days.
Our Mechanical Operators work as line operators and also assist mechanics with setups, changeovers and preventative maintenance as assigned. Our ideal candidate is either a mechanic who is willing to work on the lines or a line operator who has strong mechanical inclination. Must be able to perform exacting tasks by hand; lift 40-50 lb loads; stand and walk for 12 hrs/day; and have solid reading, math and computer skills.
E3 – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, 7pm to 7am
E4 – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 7pm to 7am
Quality-minded, dependable individuals are needed to join our talented production team.
Our ideal candidates must be reliable, honest and respectful; and possess sound reading and math skills. Prior experience in manufacturing and mechanical aptitude, a plus.
Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position; which includes the ability to lift 30 lbs or more; able to stand and walk for 12hrs/day; able to perform exacting tasks by hand.
The most important attribute for working successfully at Autumn Harp is the ability to work harmoniously with other people, specifically to create a positive work environment. Become a member of this dynamic team as we continue to grow our product line. We offer a desirable and respectful workplace!