Autumn Harp is committed to teamwork and equal opportunity. We firmly believe that part of our continued success is due to the fact that employees are treated fairly, allowed to advance and achieve their personal potential. We are proud of the fact that we treat all people equally, without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation or veteran status. We hire qualified, reliable and productive employees. "For everyone to succeed and prosper, we need to work together with a focus on serving our customer’s needs."Download Job Application"
Employment Applications, Resumes and Cover letters stating interest in an open position can be sent to:
Human Resources Department
26 Thompson Drive, Essex Junction, 05452
email@example.com, Fax: 802-857-4601
We need a talented self-starter to provide a wide variety of support for an assigned list of customers. The Account Manager will work closely with external sales executives in transitioning new customers/products from external to internal status. This position includes working with the development team and new product introductions, which includes timeline management, regularly scheduled project calls and meetings to ensure the projects are coming in on time and on budget. Work closely with the internal corresponding customer service representative to ensure orders are being delivered in a timely manner as required by the customer. An understanding of order management and related duties as well as addressing and solving customer issues.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/ appropriate experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in customer care
- Proven project management skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to a multi-task
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a team player who also succeeds while working independently
- Occasional travel required
- Requires computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
Customer Service Representative
This full time, year round position provides broad support and administrative functions to the Account Management Team. The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for the logistics of order entry, maintenance and completion for our customers.
Job duties include:
- Ensure orders are entered and updated in a timely manner
- Work with supply chain department to ensure the proper flow of current and accurate data
- Work closely with customers and internal Supply Chain to ensure flow of customer supplied materials
- Collaborate with supply chain to execute the shipping and receiving of orders and materials
- Update customers frequently on order status and work with external and internal teams to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work closely with shipping on the logistics of outgoing inventory
- Complete other administrative tasks as necessary
- Communicate inside and outside the company on behalf of Account Management Team in a positive and proactive way
- Experience with MS Outlook and Office Systems, including Excel preferred
- Strong collaborator who enjoys working with a variety of people and departments
- Overall commitment to customer satisfaction for both internal and external customers
- Reliable and detail oriented
Quality Control Inspector
E4 Shift; Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 7:00pm to 7:00am
The Quality Control Inspector reports to the Quality Supervisor and works to assure product and process quality by utilizing quality standards and performing inspections and tests associated with materials and products. The QC Inspector also represents quality in the manufacturing environment and supports the manufacturing mission: “To make quality products and provide outstanding service.”
- Must have sound mathematics and writing skills
- Above average teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Clear communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to keep accurate records and to follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work and make independent decisions with little supervision
- Up to 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job
We are seeking a Senior Chemist to join our Emulsion Technology/Skin Care group. The successful candidate must work well with minimum supervision in the development and evaluation of skincare formulations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Has solid working knowledge of raw ingredients to analyze and formulate a wide variety of products
- Has a passion to explore and innovate with novel raw materials, processing techniques and/or formulations in creative, non-conventional approaches into new products leveraging current consumer insights and needs
- Formulate and facilitate development of innovative skin care products, product improvements, and develop new formulas based on current technology
- Maintain laboratory compliance (GLP)
- Develop and maintain SOP
- Identify new/improved formulation technologies and implement them to meet project needs.
- Interact with the team members at Autumn Harp and provide technical support via oral, presentation and written venues
- Proactively scan and research new concepts, materials, technical opportunities and partnerships
- Monitor product stability for formulas
- Responsible to constantly seek improved ways and methods to better serve customers, external and internal
- Minimum of BA or BS in chemistry, chemical engineering or equivalent science
- 5-10 years (Chemist) of previous formulation experience
- Knowledge of chemistry, skin biology, raw materials and emulsion technology are required
- Must have strong problem solving, interpersonal, teamwork, project management and communication skills (oral & written)
- Entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to conceptualize and apply innovative solutions
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative. Must be flexible, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Requires a detail oriented individual who can manage and organize data on numerous projects. Able to multi-task and problem solve, while maintaining a clear sense of priorities and focus.
- Works well within team environment
- Requires computer proficiency (Microsoft Office)
E2 Shift – Thursday, Friday, Saturday 7am to 7pm
We have two openings for a Machine Technician to work with others on the team to keep our factory humming!
Duties include: setting up and troubleshooting electrical, mechanical and pneumatic equipment; assisting operators as needed; adhering to preventative maintenance schedules, locating sources of problems; repairing defective parts; adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments; controlling downtime; fabricating repair parts; and helping to maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories.
Requirements include: At least 3 years Mechanical, Electrical or Machining experience in a manufacturing environment, good people skills, good eyesight and hearing, the ability to lift moderate to heavy loads, the ability to stand / work for 12 hour days.
Our Mechanical Operators work as line operators and also assist mechanics with setups, changeovers and preventative maintenance as assigned. Our ideal candidate is either a mechanic who is willing to work on the lines or a line operator who has strong mechanical inclination. Must be able to perform exacting tasks by hand; lift 40-50 lb loads; stand and walk for 12 hrs/day; and have solid reading, math and computer skills.