Autumn Harp is committed to teamwork and equal opportunity. We firmly believe that part of our continued success is due to the fact that employees are treated fairly, allowed to advance and achieve their personal potential. We are proud of the fact that we treat all people equally, without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation or veteran status. We hire qualified, reliable and productive employees. "For everyone to succeed and prosper, we need to work together with a focus on serving our customer’s needs."Download Job Application"
Human Resources Department
26 Thompson Drive, Essex Junction, 05452
email@example.com, Fax: 802-857-4601
Raw Material Specialist
The Raw Material Specialist position is a key Research and Development role that provides review and documentation of all of raw materials used within the department. The Raw Material Specialist collects and distributes raw material information, enters accurate and thorough information into various databases, processes regulatory paperwork and obtains cost quotations, among other various duties. This position will collaborate with internal and external customers, as well as outside vendors. Solid written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and excellent follow through are required for this position. Must be computer proficient and have the ability to work with cross functional teams.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Manage all raw material documentation and recordkeeping
- Maintain accurate ingredient listing breakdown for all raw materials
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Can manage multiple projects and consistently meets deadlines and expectations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database management
- Desire for additional training to enhance the contributions to the team
- Possess motivation to join a fast pace environment with challenges to be addressed
- Problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- A degree in or related work experience in a scientific field, a plus
Autumn Harp is searching for a Packaging Engineer who will work on a project level basis, managing and understanding package solutions for cosmetics and personal care items from development to actual production.
- Manage the package development from start to finish for a variety of customers
- Control Bill of Material and assemble specification sheets and component specifications
- Be part of the front end development team as the packaging representative to ensure new components are fit for manufacturing, including coordination and analysis of filling testing and trials
- Understand and suggest internal packaging solutions to the operation and R&D teams
- Interface regularly with customers and provide exceptional service solutions to packaging needs and requirements
- Work with packaging vendors to ensure appropriate artwork specifications and deadlines are adhered to
Ideal Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/ appropriate experience
- Relevant experience preferred
- Detail oriented and possess the ability to multi-task
- Have a proven track record with outstanding leadership skills and professionalism
- Have the ability to thrive while working in a cross functional team based environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office systems, as well as other comparable databases
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a personal commitment to succeed
Sanitation Officer – E1 shift
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 7am to 7pm
We are looking for a dependable, full-time employee for the washroom on the E1 shift. Sanitation officers are responsible for the overall cleaning and sanitizing of processing equipment including batch buckets, kettles and other items used in the operation. Sanitation Officers must be able to have a positive attendance record, have the ability to speak, understand and read English; must strictly adhere to all safety procedures and meet the physical requirements of the job; which include, but not limited to standing/walking for 12-hours shift and lifting up to 50 lbs. Mechanical aptitude and inclination a plus.
E3 Shift – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 7pm to 7am
We have an opening for a Machine Technician to work with others on the team to keep our factory humming!
Duties include: setting up and troubleshooting electrical, mechanical and pneumatic equipment; assisting operators as needed; adhering to preventative maintenance schedules, locating sources of problems; repairing defective parts; adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments; controlling downtime; fabricating repair parts; and helping to maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories.
Requirements include: At least 3 years Mechanical, Electrical or Machining experience in a manufacturing environment, good people skills, good eyesight and hearing, the ability to lift moderate to heavy loads, the ability to stand / work for 12 hour days.
We are seeking a Senior Chemist to join our Emulsion Technology/Skin Care group. The successful candidate must work well with minimum supervision in the development and evaluation of skincare formulations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Has solid working knowledge of raw ingredients to analyze and formulate a wide variety of products
- Maintain laboratory compliance (GLP)
- Has a passion to explore and innovate with novel raw materials, processing techniques and/or formulations in creative, non-conventional approaches into new products leveraging current consumer insights and needs
- Formulate and facilitate development of innovative skin care products, product improvements, and develop new formulas based on current technology
- Develop and maintain SOPs
- Identify new/improved formulation technologies and implement them to meet project needs.
- Interact with the team members at Autumn Harp and provide technical support via oral, presentation and written venues
- Proactively scan and research new concepts, materials, technical opportunities and partnerships
- Monitor product stability for formulas
- Responsible to constantly seek improved ways and methods to better serve customers, external and internal
- Minimum of BA or BS in chemistry, chemical engineering or equivalent science
- 5+ years (Chemist) of previous formulation experience
- Knowledge of chemistry, skin biology, raw materials and emulsion technology are required
- Must have strong problem solving, interpersonal, teamwork, project management and communication skills (oral & written)
- Entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to conceptualize and apply innovative solutions
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative. Must be flexible, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Requires a detail oriented individual who can manage and organize data on numerous projects. Able to multi-task and problem solve, while maintaining a clear sense of priorities and focus.
- Works well within team environment
- Requires computer proficiency (Word and Excel)
Our Mechanical Operators work as line operators and also assist mechanics with setups, changeovers and preventative maintenance as assigned. Our ideal candidate is either a mechanic who is willing to work on the lines or a line operator who has strong mechanical inclination. Must be able to perform exacting tasks by hand; lift 40-50 lb loads; stand and walk for 12 hrs/day; and have solid reading, math and computer skills.
E3 – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, 7pm to 7am
E4 - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 7pm to 7am
Quality-minded, dependable individuals are needed to join our talented production team.
Our ideal candidates must be reliable, honest and respectful; and possess sound reading and math skills. Prior experience in manufacturing and mechanical aptitude, a plus.
Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position; which includes the ability to lift 30 lbs or more; able to stand and walk for 12hrs/day; able to perform exacting tasks by hand.
The most important attribute for working successfully at Autumn Harp is the ability to work harmoniously with other people, specifically to create a positive work environment. Become a member of this dynamic team as we continue to grow our product line. We offer a desirable and respectful workplace!