Autumn Harp is committed to teamwork and equal opportunity. We firmly believe that part of our continued success is due to the fact that employees are treated fairly, allowed to advance and achieve their personal potential. We are proud of the fact that we treat all people equally, without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation or veteran status. We hire qualified, reliable and productive employees. "For everyone to succeed and prosper, we need to work together with a focus on serving our customer’s needs."Download Job Application"
Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter expressing your interest to:
Human Resources Department
26 Thompson Drive, Essex Junction, 05452
firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: 802-857-4601
We are seeking a Chemist to join our Emulsion Technology/Skin Care group. The successful candidate must work well with minimum supervision in the development and evaluation of skincare formulations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Has solid working knowledge of raw ingredients to analyze and formulate a wide variety of products
- Maintain laboratory compliance (GLP)
- Has a passion to explore and innovate with novel raw materials, processing techniques and/or formulations in creative, non-conventional approaches into new products leveraging current consumer insights and needs
- Formulate and facilitate development of innovative skin care products, product improvements, and develop new formulas based on current technology
- Develop and maintain SOPs
- Identify new/improved formulation technologies and implement them to meet project needs.
- Interact with the team members at Autumn Harp and provide technical support via oral, presentation and written venues
- Proactively scan and research new concepts, materials, technical opportunities and partnerships
- Monitor product stability for formulas
- Responsible to constantly seek improved ways and methods to better serve customers, external and internal
- Minimum of BA or BS in chemistry, chemical engineering or equivalent science
- 5+ years (Chemist) of previous formulation experience
- Knowledge of chemistry, skin biology, raw materials and emulsion technology are required
- Must have strong problem solving, interpersonal, teamwork, project management and communication skills (oral & written)
- Entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to conceptualize and apply innovative solutions
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative. Must be flexible, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Requires a detail oriented individual who can manage and organize data on numerous projects. Able to multi-task and problem solve, while maintaining a clear sense of priorities and focus.
- Works well within team environment
- Requires computer proficiency (Word and Excel)
Product Safety Stability Testing Technician
The Testing Technician is part of the Product Safety team. The Technician is responsible for conducting stability testing on all products including those from lab, pilot, and production. Testing and evaluating products includes comparing flavor, color, odor and texture and also taking appropriate measurements. The Technician is also responsible for coordinating outside testing and documenting results. This position requires effective communication skills, both internally and externally, assertiveness and attention to detail.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Collect samples per the standard testing schedule
- Maintain lab formulas, finished product and accurate stability recordkeeping
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and experience in testing of products using viscometers, pH meters, Density Meters, color computer, as well as basic office equipment.
- Can manage multiple projects and consistently meets deadlines and expectations
- Team player, must be comfortable working with members of R&D team as well as QA team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft excel
- Have strong writing skills
- Motivation to learn more on regulatory and testing requirements
- Desire for additional training to enhance the contributions to the team
- Possess motivation to join a fast pace environment with challenges to be addressed
- Problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- A degree in a scientific field
- Any related work experience, a plus.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, this person will be responsible for making sure orders get picked correctly and deliveries get out on time. The right candidate will have the ability to communicate well – both externally and internally; be a team player with a strong work ethic; ability to work productively and independently is essential. Must be detailed-oriented, highly organized and have previous experience in all warehouse activities including inventory control, LTL shipping systems data entry, international shipping documentation process, lot/serial control and general reporting functions. Experience in lean methodologies and operating a forklift a plus.
Accounts Payable Coordinator
The Accounts Payable Coordinator will be primarily responsible for administering the accounts payable functions for the company. The specific duties include data entry for invoices, payments, freight claims and vendor returns; matching and verifying receipt of goods to supplier invoices and investigating discrepancies and communicating to vendors on a routine basis. Other duties include but are not limited to backing up other team members in their accounting roles.
Requirements for this position include at least five years experience with accounts payable functions or a strong ability and willingness to learn. The Coordinator must be proficient in Microsoft Office systems, as well as other accounting databases, comfortable working independently as well as part of a team. The applicant must possess strong communication skills; be detail oriented; and a strong multi-tasker. This position is responsible for confidential information, so a professional and confidential demeanor is a must.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
We need someone to join our Compounding Department who would be responsible for weighing and measuring the raw materials required for our batchers and R & D department. The Basic responsibilities of the position include: weighing out raw materials; inventory paperwork; and material handling in compliance with specific inventory control procedures. Essential job requirements: Able to lift 30 lbs. on a regular basis and 50 lbs. occasionally; able to work around hot pour perfumes and fragrances on a daily basis; able to work, stand and walk 8 hours shifts 5 days per week with occasional overtime; have normal hearing and vision with the ability to discern colors; have average or above reading and math skills; have basic computer skills, and be very organized and detail orientated. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, strong work ethic and have the potential and desire to become a leader.
E3 Shift - Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 7pm to 7am
We have an opening for a Machine Technician to work with others on the team to keep our factory humming!
Duties include: setting up and troubleshooting electrical, mechanical and pneumatic equipment; assisting operators as needed; adhering to preventative maintenance schedules, locating sources of problems; repairing defective parts; adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments; controlling downtime; fabricating repair parts; and helping to maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories.
Requirements include: At least 3 years Mechanical, Electrical or Machining experience in a manufacturing environment, good people skills, good eyesight and hearing, the ability to lift moderate to heavy loads, the ability to stand / work for 12 hour days.
Bulk /Materials Handler
Reporting to the Zone Leaders, the main responsibilities for this position would be to manage, prep and prepare all materials for production. Must be able to perform all duties and meet qualifications of a Production Operator as it would require working on the line. Must be able to pass a baseline assessment; handle 50 lbs. routinely, 75 lbs. occasionally; ability to stand for long periods on a regular basis, and able to climb ladders safely.
All ideal candidates will be reliable, honest and respectful; able to work around hot pour perfumes and fragrances on a daily basis, and possess solid reading and math skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- General computer proficiency
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Timely decision-making and responsiveness
Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
Our Mechanical Operators work as line operators and also assist mechanics with setups, changeovers and preventative maintenance as assigned. Our ideal candidate is either a mechanic who is willing to work on the lines or a line operator who has strong mechanical inclination. Must be able to perform exacting tasks by hand; lift 40-50 lb loads; stand and walk for 12 hrs/day; and have solid reading, math and computer skills.
E2 - Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 7am to 7pm
E3 – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, 7pm to 7am
E4 – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 7pm to 7am
Quality-minded, dependable individuals are needed to join our talented production team.
Our ideal candidates must be reliable, honest and respectful; and possess sound reading and math skills. Prior experience in manufacturing and mechanical aptitude, a plus.
Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position; which includes the ability to lift 30 lbs or more; able to stand and walk for 12hrs/day; able to perform exacting tasks by hand.
The most important attribute for working successfully at Autumn Harp is the ability to work harmoniously with other people, specifically to create a positive work environment. Become a member of this dynamic team as we continue to grow our product line. We offer a desirable and respectful workplace!