The most important attribute for working successfully at Autumn Harp is the ability to work harmoniously with other people, specifically to create a positive work environment. We offer a desirable and respectful workplace, competitive compensation and generous benefits - including paid time off, holiday pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness, flexible spending accounts, 401k with employer match, profit share, a free gym membership and more! Explore job opportunities at Autumn Harp below.
Employment Applications, Résumés, and Cover Letters stating interest in an open position can be sent to:
26 Thompson Drive
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Autumn Harp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position collaborates cross-functionally to effectively oversee Production Planning, Scheduling and Inventory Management of Make items. Responsible for the smooth integration of new products into production via capacity analysis and inventory for launch. Implementation of lean tools to optimize inventory levels and all associated work processes. Demonstrates leadership by possessing a continuous improvement mindset and accountability for exceeding company and customer expectations.
- Manages MRP data, signals and systems. Maintains the accuracy of planning parameters to drive decisions.
- Proactively analyzes, finds, and champions opportunities to improve performance to our customers.
- Leads cross-functional project teams to drive continuous improvement.
- Standardizes processes to achieve the highest level of customer service.
- Manages, mentors, and develops department members with a hands-on approach to their duties, skills, and responsibilities.
- Mitigates impact of Excess & Obsolete inventory through focus on production planning, MRP signals, disposition of excess inventory and careful planning for the impact of production discontinuations and maintenance changes.
- Ensures the timely and efficient delivery finished products in accordance with established schedules.Optimizes inventory levels.
- Ensures stable Customer Lead-times and communicates changes as they occur.
- Attends New Product Development informational and product launch meetings.
- Analyzes new customer orders based on calculated lead times and confirms an accurate and reasonable ship date.
- Manages all internal requests for earlier or later ship dates for customer orders.
- Performs analysis of all materials and capacity for customer orders that are entered under lead time.
- Creates Reports to be used across the organization for decision making and data analysis.
- Communicates cross-functionally any challenges or delays with the production schedule.
- Facilitates weekly confirmation review meetings with the Supply Chain, Account Managers and Customer Service Representatives.
- Advanced working knowledge of MRP systems
- Ability to be collaborative in a cross-functional capacity
- Ability to analyze and interpret planning data that drives material management decisions to ensure on-time delivery
- Microsoft Office system; with advanced level of Excel
- Ability to motivate and lead a team to set and attain goals
- 6-8 years of manufacturing experience in production planning or related field
- Knowledge of Product Vision and System 2000 a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of education and related work experience.
We have an opening for a Associate Guru to join our Research & Development team.
Summary: This position requires an individual with color matching skills and the ability to match cosmetic products shades without or with minimum supervision; some knowledge of cosmetic products is a plus. The individual will be responsible for preparing lab batches of various formula types based on prototypes as directed. Tasks will also include filling tubes, jars, or specified containers with product and applying appropriate identification labels. The lab technician may also conduct larger scale lab batches for product testing, customer trialing, hot hold tests, as well as cross-train to assist in stability testing and protocols as needed. This position also participates in the maintenance of a clean and orderly lab. This includes ensuring lab equipment such as glassware, metal instruments, sinks, counters, and scales are cleaned and glass and instruments are sterilized when necessary. Great growth opportunities will be available to the right candidate.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Color matching experience, or ability to be trained and understand the difference between pigments, interference pigments, pearls, glitters.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- This person must be detail oriented, self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of multiple phase batch making, with experience in testing of products using viscometers, pH meters, Density Meters, color computer, as well as basic office equipment.
- Can manage multiple projects and consistently meets deadlines and expectations
- Team player
- Motivation to learn more on the color development
- Motivation to get into a training program
- Possess motivation to join a fast pace environment with challenges to be addressed
- Entrepreneurial and initiative are appreciated
- A degree or an Associate’s degree in Natural Sciences, Chemistry desired
- Any related work experience, a plus.
E4 Shift – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 7:00pm to 7:00am
Autumn Harp, a private label custom contract manufacture of cosmetic and personal care products has an opening for a skilled machine technician on our Maintenance and Engineering team.
*Provide mechanical support service to operational changes resulting from setting up and troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and robotic equipment.
*Observes operation of equipment, troubleshoots abnormalities, locating sources of problems, repairing defective parts, adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments, controlling downtime, and fabricating repair parts.
*Assists in maintaining equipment, parts, and supply inventories.
*Works safely and supports safety across the organization.
*Trains operators to recognize problems and issues with equipment.
*Minimum of 3 years mechanical or machining experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
*Excellent troubleshooting skills in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems for production machinery and support equipment.
*Ability to read and understand mechanical prints.
*Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
*Ability to lift moderate to heavy loads up to 50 pounds.
The Maintenance team is looking for our next Maintenance Apprentice Junior Technician candidate!
The apprentice program provides a clear path and expectation to learn and grow into a machine technician role on the Maintenance and Engineering team. Training will take place on the E1 shift schedule (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 7:00am to 7:00pm). The training will consist of being paired with senior technicians, assisting with floor coverage and completing preventive maintenance tasks on equipment and machinery. Progress will be evaluated after 90-days to track the progress and communicate the steps moving forward. Upon successful completion of the program, shift placement will be based on current need. There will be an opportunity to cover the manufacturing floor from the hours of 5pm to 7pm with limited support, with the need to complete one PM task each week assigned by the Maintenance Planner to further facilitate a thorough training plan.
- Prior experience within a manufacturing setting
- Basic mechanical knowledge and aptitude
- Solution-oriented with good communication skills
- Team oriented and self-motivated
- Meet the physical requirements of lifting moderate to heavy loads, stand and work 12 hours days
- Positive attitude and a safety mind-set
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, this position supervises production team members while organizing and monitoring work flow in the production area.
- Promote a safety workplace atmosphere and maintain an organized, clean work environment.
- Communicate job expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, training and mentoring employees.
- Resolve problems and is relentless in continuous improvement using and implementing lean concepts and principles.
- Lead and manage all quality, on time delivery and productivity of assigned work areas, track manufacturing results by preparing and reporting production indicators.
- Actively collaborate with all functional areas of the operations team to assist the Manufacturing Manager in improving a system of production control, standard work, safety, quality control and performance management.
- Build confident, valued, and team-based relationships
- Mentor and support all 5S initiatives and procedures
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to motivate and train a variety of people
- Solution-oriented with excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a cross function team based environment
- Must meet the physical requirement of the job
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Flexibility in shift schedules required based on manufacturing needs.
The most important attribute for working successfully at Autumn Harp is the ability to work harmoniously with other people, specifically to create a positive work environment. Respect for co-workers, honesty and creativity are all important characteristics.
E3 Shift - Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 7:00pm to 7:00am
E4 Shift - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 7:00pm to 7:00am
Our Compounders are responsible for making batches of our formulations. The ideal candidates will be quality-minded, dependable, have a positive and team oriented attitude with strong problem solving abilities. Compounders ensure that all products are batched according to the manufacturing instructions provided.
Essential Job Requirements:
- 2-3 years of experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic chemistry or food science.
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift 30lbs frequently, and up to 75lbs occasionally
- Able to work around hot pour perfumes and fragrances on a daily basis
- Have normal hearing and vision with the ability to discern colors
- Above average reading and math skills
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing environment is a plus
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing environment is a plus
E2 - Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6:50am to 7:00pm
E3 – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 6:50pm to 7:00am
E4 – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 6:50pm to 7:00am
Quality-minded, dependable individuals are needed to join our talented production team. Our ideal candidates must be reliable, honest and respectful; and possess sound reading and math skills. Prior experience in manufacturing and mechanical aptitude, a plus. Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position; which includes the ability to lift 30 lbs or more; able to stand and walk for 12hrs/day; able to perform exacting tasks by hand.
Our Mechanical Operators work as line operators and also assist mechanics with setups, changeovers and preventative maintenance as assigned. Our ideal candidate is either a mechanic who is willing to work on the lines or a line operator who has strong mechanical inclination. Must be able to perform exacting tasks by hand; lift 40-50 lb loads; stand and walk for 12 hrs/day; and have solid reading, math and computer skills.
E1 – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 6:50am to 7pm
E2 – Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6:50am to 7pm
E3 – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 6:50pm to 7am
E4 – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 6:50pm to 7am
The Product Safety Ninja is a key R&D support role, to independently liaise with R&D team as a support to the formulation & regulatory process of the business. This person will be under the supervision of our Product Safety Manager and will be responsible for filing and maintaining Regulatory and Raw Material Documents for Product and Raw Material Dossiers. This position will collaborate with internal and external customers, as well as outside vendors. Solid written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and excellent follow through are required for this position.
- Filling, labeling and shipping products for customers under chemist supervision.
- Maintaining Sample Shipping Log
- Filing and Maintaining Regulatory Documents for Product Dossier’s (OTC & Non-OTC products)
- Filing and Maintaining Raw Material Documents for Raw Material Dossiers
- Sending customer product documentation requests (C of A’s, MSDS’, ILs, QFs, etc…)
- File testing reports in dossiers, database, PV
- Assisting stability group
- Assisting raw material coding or inventory
- Management of Inventory and Non-Inventory supplies & tracking cost
- Help to maintain GMP standards of Lab Cleanliness
Experience and Skills Required:
- Must have strong problem solving, interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to conceptualize and apply innovative solutions
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative
- Must be flexible, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Requires a detail oriented individual
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database management
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- A degree in or related work experience in a scientific field, a plus