The most important attribute for working successfully at Autumn Harp is the ability to work harmoniously with other people, specifically to create a positive work environment. We offer a desirable and respectful workplace, competitive compensation and generous benefits - including paid time off, holiday pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness, flexible spending accounts, 401k with employer match, profit share, a free gym membership and more! Explore job opportunities at Autumn Harp below.
Employment Applications, Résumés, and Cover Letters stating interest in an open position can be sent to:
26 Thompson Drive
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Autumn Harp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position reports to the Manager, Human Resources to plan, direct and implement our safety programs to ensure a safe, healthy and accident-free workplace. The EHS Specialist is responsible for all aspects of Autumn Harp’s compliance with occupational and environmental laws and regulations. This role will team with the Safety Pillar to develop, maintain, implement, update and enforce all EHS programs according to federal, state and local requirements.
- Promote and maintain a safety workplace atmosphere and culture
- Maintain and update the Safety & Health Manual and safety records in compliance with local, state and federal program.
- Perform EHS audits and assist in the implementation of corrective/preventative action and monitor continuous improvement activities and projects
- Participate in all accident and near miss investigations with Safety Pillar members to determine root cause, preventive and corrective actions
- Provide technical safety, health and environmental expertise based on task analysis, needs/risk assessments and standard operating procedures
- Identify safety and environmental hazards; recommend and implement safety control methods according to industry best practices and safety requirements
- Assist with monthly compliance safety trainings and communication
- Responsible for maintaining the Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives and certifications; including gathering data for surveys, and updating the digital library of documentation
- College degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- 3-5 years related experience in safety, health and environmental program implementation
- Must be familiar with manufacturing operations, OSHA regulations and GMP guidelines
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Strong collaborator who enjoys working with a variety of people and departments
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Reliable, organized with a strong attention to detail
- Flexibility in schedule as required in a 24-hour manufacturing facility
The Director of Finance reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer. The position is responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The Director of Finance oversees budget approvals, forecasting, capex projects, plant capital, and timely close of General Ledger, as well as develops strategies that work to minimize financial risk.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively
- Ensures accurate and timely financial records
- Ensures financial accounts are properly supported and reconciled
- Oversee the Cost Accounting function, including recommendations to improve costing methodologies
- Arranges for audits as required and appropriate
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and maintaining internal controls.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
- This position oversees the Accounting Manager, Project Analyst, and is indirectly responsible for all employees with in the Finance team.
Skills and Experience
- Financial Management.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field. MBA, CPA preferred.
- 10 years of manufacturing financial management experience
We have an opening for a Associate Guru to join our Research & Development team.
Summary: This position requires an individual with color matching skills and the ability to match cosmetic products shades without or with minimum supervision; some knowledge of cosmetic products is a plus. The individual will be responsible for preparing lab batches of various formula types based on prototypes as directed. Tasks will also include filling tubes, jars, or specified containers with product and applying appropriate identification labels. The lab technician may also conduct larger scale lab batches for product testing, customer trialing, hot hold tests, as well as cross-train to assist in stability testing and protocols as needed. This position also participates in the maintenance of a clean and orderly lab. This includes ensuring lab equipment such as glassware, metal instruments, sinks, counters, and scales are cleaned and glass and instruments are sterilized when necessary. Great growth opportunities will be available to the right candidate.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Color matching experience, or ability to be trained and understand the difference between pigments, interference pigments, pearls, glitters.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- This person must be detail oriented, self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of multiple phase batch making, with experience in testing of products using viscometers, pH meters, Density Meters, color computer, as well as basic office equipment.
- Can manage multiple projects and consistently meets deadlines and expectations
- Team player
- Motivation to learn more on the color development
- Motivation to get into a training program
- Possess motivation to join a fast pace environment with challenges to be addressed
- Entrepreneurial and initiative are appreciated
- A degree or an Associate’s degree in Natural Sciences, Chemistry desired
- Any related work experience, a plus.
E4 Shift – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 7:00pm to 7:00am
Autumn Harp, a private label custom contract manufacture of cosmetic and personal care products has an opening for a skilled machine technician on our Maintenance and Engineering team.
*Provide mechanical support service to operational changes resulting from setting up and troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and robotic equipment.
*Observes operation of equipment, troubleshoots abnormalities, locating sources of problems, repairing defective parts, adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments, controlling downtime, and fabricating repair parts.
*Assists in maintaining equipment, parts, and supply inventories.
*Works safely and supports safety across the organization.
*Trains operators to recognize problems and issues with equipment.
*Minimum of 3 years mechanical or machining experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
*Excellent troubleshooting skills in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems for production machinery and support equipment.
*Ability to read and understand mechanical prints.
*Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
*Ability to lift moderate to heavy loads up to 50 pounds.
The Maintenance team is looking for our next Maintenance Apprentice Junior Technician candidate!
The apprentice program provides a clear path and expectation to learn and grow into a machine technician role on the Maintenance and Engineering team. Training will take place on the E1 shift schedule (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 7:00am to 7:00pm). The training will consist of being paired with senior technicians, assisting with floor coverage and completing preventive maintenance tasks on equipment and machinery. Progress will be evaluated after 90-days to track the progress and communicate the steps moving forward. Upon successful completion of the program, shift placement will be based on current need. There will be an opportunity to cover the manufacturing floor from the hours of 5pm to 7pm with limited support, with the need to complete one PM task each week assigned by the Maintenance Planner to further facilitate a thorough training plan.
- Prior experience within a manufacturing setting
- Basic mechanical knowledge and aptitude
- Solution-oriented with good communication skills
- Team oriented and self-motivated
- Meet the physical requirements of lifting moderate to heavy loads, stand and work 12 hours days
- Positive attitude and a safety mind-set
E2 - Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6:50am to 7:00pm
E3 – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 6:50pm to 7:00am
E4 – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 6:50pm to 7:00am
Quality-minded, dependable individuals are needed to join our talented production team. Our ideal candidates must be reliable, honest and respectful; and possess sound reading and math skills. Prior experience in manufacturing and mechanical aptitude, a plus. Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position; which includes the ability to lift 30 lbs or more; able to stand and walk for 12hrs/day; able to perform exacting tasks by hand.
E1 Shift; Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 7:00am to 7:00pm
The Quality Control Inspector reports to the Quality Supervisor and works to assure product and process quality by utilizing quality standards and performing inspections and tests associated with materials and products. The QC Inspector also represents quality in the manufacturing environment and supports the manufacturing mission: “To make quality products and provide outstanding service.”
- Must have sound mathematics and writing skills
- Above average teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Clear communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to keep accurate records and to follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work and make independent decisions with little supervision
- Up to 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job