The most important attribute for working successfully at Autumn Harp is the ability to work harmoniously with other people, specifically to create a positive work environment. We offer a desirable and respectful workplace, competitive compensation and generous benefits - including paid time off, holiday pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness, flexible spending accounts, 401k with employer match, profit share, a free gym membership and more! Explore job opportunities at Autumn Harp below.
Employment Applications, Résumés, and Cover Letters stating interest in an open position can be sent to:
26 Thompson Drive
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Autumn Harp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
E2 - Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6:50am to 7:00pm
E3 – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 6:50pm to 7:00am
E4 – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 6:50pm to 7:00am
Quality-minded, dependable individuals are needed to join our talented production team. Our ideal candidates must be reliable, honest and respectful; and possess sound reading and math skills. Prior experience in manufacturing and mechanical aptitude, a plus. Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position; which includes the ability to lift 30 lbs or more; able to stand and walk for 12hrs/day; able to perform exacting tasks by hand.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Manufacturing Engineering Manager is a highly qualified position to plan, arrange, optimize, design and implement methods and processes in production to establish standard workflow rate and improve efficiency. Coordinate and manage manufacturing engineering projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities for our equipment. The ability to analyze engineering technology, product needs, and testing procedures from planning to fulfillment review is imperative. Manage staff, utilize operational resources, and integrate the systems for producing quality products with the optimum expenditure of capital.
- Develops innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production concerns through identification and process analysis.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes to drive optimum overall equipment effectiveness on production lines to create operational results.
- Facilitate change management so that continuous improvement and team work become the standard.
- Conduct assessments of manufacturing operations to provide focused improvement opportunities to increase production efficiencies, eliminate waste, reduce inventory, reduce lead times, increase quality and increase due date performance.
- Develop benchmarks, measurements, quantifiable benefits and track progress.
- Participate in cross functional teams to implement continuous flow manufacturing and pull systems, 5S improvement, standard work, setup reduction, value stream mapping exercises, and visual standards.
- Act as liaison between management and vendor or contractor from start to finish of project.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field
- 10+ years of Engineering experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Project Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills
- Industrial Automation experience (capable of programming machines)
- Technical computer knowledge and experience in 3D modeling software
- Ability to work cross-functionally to meet all internal and external customer needs
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, the Director, Production will oversee the filling and packaging operations for the Organization. The Director, Production will also be the company’s primary manufacturing leadership representative to the Operations Management Team, the Senior Management Team and external guests.
- To provide a safe productive working environment for all associates
- Oversee the Manufacturing Production Department for filling and packing
- Provide positive leadership and guidance for all levels of filling and packaging supervision.
- Plays a key role in building upon and sustaining the operation excellence program at Autumn Harp. This includes serving on the operational excellence leadership team and attending and coaching manufacturing related pillars.
- Helps develop a strong relationship with the maintenance and engineering team, to collaboratively improve and prioritize our filling and packaging teams and equipment.
- Collaborate with planning, compounding and the warehouse to ensure that processes are robust and fail-proof to secure the flow of materials for the department and the organization. Lead and participate in projects to improve processes and strive for excellence.
- Lead and participate in processes to implement and improve data collection systems. Oversee data integrity and reporting for the Production Department.
- Lead the charge to increase efficiency and reduce machine stops by coaching supervisors and team leads
- Coordinate with Human Resources to develop an effective training program for the department. Collaborate with the Safety Specialist and trainers to ensure the program is robust and operational.
- Provide talent management strategies to create career paths for employees using the Skill Base Pay model.
- Collaborate with the Quality Department to continually improve our quality performance.
Ideal Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher preferably in an engineering field
- Full understanding of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
- Proven leader who uses positive leadership style to foster engagement in the organization
- 10-15 Years of Manufacturing Experience
E4 Shift - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 7:00pm to 7:00am
Our Compounders are responsible for making batches of our formulations. The ideal candidates will be quality-minded, dependable, have a positive and team oriented attitude with strong problem solving abilities. Compounders ensure that all products are batched according to the manufacturing instructions provided.
Essential Job Requirements:
- 2-3 years of experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic chemistry or food science.
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift 30lbs frequently, and up to 75lbs occasionally
- Able to work around hot pour perfumes and fragrances on a daily basis
- Have normal hearing and vision with the ability to discern colors
- Above average reading and math skills
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing environment is a plus
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing environment is a plus
The Compounding Technical Apprentice is responsible to safely and efficiently support the Compounding Department by performing the timely repair and maintenance of all compounding equipment so as to operate at peak efficiency and without downtime. Under the direction of the Compounding Mechanical Supervisor, will work with the Sanitation Officers on the front lines to identify any repairs or improvements needed for Compounding and Production equipment and funnel them through the DTM and PM Program. A flexible schedule will occasionally be necessary depending on maintenance needs and priorities. Good communication, mechanical, and organizational skills, characterize this position.
- Work closely with Sanitation Officers to identify any immediate repairs and train to correct them or funnel through DTM red tag system.
- With direction from the Compounding Mechanical Supervisor, support the DTM Sub Pillar and PM Pillar Team to develop and carry out preventive maintenance program.
- Works with CSD Pillar to help develop and continuously improve work instructions for Sanitation Officers.
- Adhering to preventative maintenance schedules and helping to maintain equipment, parts and supplies inventory.
- Promote a safety workplace atmosphere and maintain an organized, clean work environment
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Solution-oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Team oriented and self-motivated
- Must meet the physical requirements of the job; ability to lift moderate to heavy loads, stand and work flexible hours when needed
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Associate will be responsible for making sure orders get picked correctly and deliveries get out on time. The right candidate will have the ability to communicate well – both externally and internally; be a team player with a strong work ethic; ability to work productively and independently is essential. Must be detailed-oriented, highly organized and have previous experience in all warehouse activities including inventory control, shipping systems data entry, forklift operation, and general warehouse reporting functions.
- Must meet the physical requirements of the position
- Ability to be forklift certified
- Utilize inventory control equipment; scanning and bar-coding equipment
- Experience in lean methodologies and international shipping guidelines, a plus.